Here it is, the stupid “I haven’t blogged in a while” blog post. I have a buttload of blogs that are in the “draft” stage that I haven’t published and I’m kinda worried I’ve got a brain crack build up. I have been chipping away at personal projects here and there since the last blog so (in no logical order) here’s what I’ve been up to…
- TrueNuff turned 11 years old yesterday - it’s been around for more than a decade which is kind of mind blowing.
- TrueNuff.tv is “back” although we didn’t really go anywhere. Well, two of us moved to Toronto but you know what I mean. After a couple years off we’re pushing out new videos once again at the rate of about once per weekend. The jump to HD is pretty cool but it makes all our old videos look shitty - now I know how the original iPad feels.
- I hit 400 followers on twitter yesterday - it’s amazing what you can accomplish with a few years of dick and rape jokes. Follow your dreams, kids.
- I updated my logo over at Threeboy Design and new business cards, new content and possibly a whole new portfolio design on the way. I’m still figuring out if I want to do a dedicated design blog there. Still mulling over content and audience to write for (other designers or clients) - any ideas?
- I’ve managed to get some success over on my Tumblr (pot comic, troopers photo) and also decided to launch a Tumblr powered blog dedicated to the font Papyrus just for shits and giggles. Every store I go to now has become a Papyrus scavenger hunt.
- I finished a couple of “utility” sites: WrapFix & reCaser that help you wrangle words. I use them a ton personally for work stuff but I don’t think they’re catching on. LikeChecker is still there and has started to get a little traction.
- I launched DisplaySkins with the content that it originally had and I’m working on a similar Toontags revival - still surprised that people still email about those sites and it’s pretty cool.
In productivity news I’ve ditched Remember the Milk and their goofy business model in favor of a combination of Google Tasks and Evernote. I still use Google Docs for long form notes and scratching up documents. The people who were wondering about that can now sleep easy.
I gotta also get back into just messing around, not with TrueNuff stuff, but just messing around in general - random comics, videos, whatever and then get them out the door.
More stuff on the way, maybe.